Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sweat Pants Please

You have all seen the one, the sweat pants mom.  Not the workout pants mom, the sweat pants mom.  The one with recliner part in the back of her hair, the Winnie the poo sweats with the BBQ sauce on the bosom and the crocs that may be the only pair of shoes she owns.  The one that loves the elastic waistband and feels no shame going to the PTA meeting in her, I got really busy on facebook, depression jammies.  Collective shudder.

I'm worried that I might be becoming the dad version of sweat pants mom. 

I remember when I would make fun of all the daytime talk self improvement blah, blah, blah.  I thought come on if you don't like your big bottom get it movin.  There have been many times in my life that I have been put in the position of understanding someone I made fun of by having to be in their position, think I'm there again.

There was a time that got hair cuts, wore pants that didn't have holes in the knees from being on the floor with the kids all the time, wore a tie 6 days a week, ran a marathon, and finished P90X!  Somehow I decided that everything else would take priority the last couple of years. 

So its time to clean up my act,  get some pants that don't have holes in the knees, re-acquaint myself with the iron for my clothes, not just for pleats in baby dresses.  Change a shirt that has boogers/formula/peanut butter/urine/spit up on it instead of just taking a wipie to it.  Make some time to loose some of the chub and stop thinking that the drive thru is an acceptable coping strategy.

I have 9 kids, of those some of them may grow up to be at home parents. I need to show them by all my actions that this is a valuable job to do, I should look the part of someone who does a respected job!

Tomorrow I think I'll shave..... do they make a man girdle?

5 comments:

  1. You crack me up. You are NOT a sweat pant daddy. You are super daddy! But I totally get how you're feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got to tell ya, as I'm reading this...I look down to see that I'm wearing my giant, ratty old sweat pants. Oh yeah, I'm that Mom! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you on the circle of moms blog roll. So glad to meet you here in bloggerland. We need more testosterone around here! Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto, what Diana said. Also found you on the circle of moms. As far as your name - adequate, trying, capable ...you are in the game - and so - you rock dad!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have visions of Mr. Mom in my head when he had this same moment. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete